HealthTech Beyond Borders is an online business event created to offer matchmaking opportunities and set the scene for global collaborations focused on innovative medical technology between companies from Chile and the United States.
Join our international summits to explore the future and impact of the new technologies in the healthcare sector.
The United States is the top destination for Chilean exports of medical devices, representing over 25% of the total Chilean exports in the sector.
2. 25% of Chicago’s venture capital focuses on Healthtech.
3. Houston has the largest hospital center in the world – Texas Medical Center, which served 13 million patients in 2020.
4. 80% of global pharma has a footprint within a 2-hour radius of Philadelphia.
An estimated 93.7 % of the population in Chile is covered by health insurance. With nearly 9.14%, Chile has one of the highest shares of health spending in relation to its gross domestic product (GDP) in Latin America. For comparison, the U.S. spends 13% of its GDP on healthcare.
2. The Free Trade Agreement (2004) and the Duty-Free status (2015) between the two countries make Chile an attractive and reliable trade partner. The U.S. is also the #1 investor in Chile, with $22 billion invested in projects in the last 7 years – According to InvestChile.
3. 13% of Chile’s startups are healthcare related – According to the Science, Technology, Knowledge, and Innovation Ministry of Chile
4. The growth rate of robotic surgeries done in Chile between 2010 and 2018 increased by 674%.
· Number of health startups by category Chile 2021 | Statista
· Governmental health insurance coverage in Chile 2019 | Statista
· 25 Key Health Facts about Chile | Global Health Intelligence
· Chile | United States Trade Representative (ustr.gov)
· Chile - Healthcare (trade.gov)
· Chile Free Trade Agreement
A curated group of successful Chilean and U.S. Healthtech companies specialized in various health-related industries, including artificial intelligence, 3D printing, medical robotics, gene therapies, nanomedicine, neurotechnology, eye care tech, telehealth, imaging diagnostics, wellness and fitness, mental health, and more!
US Midwest Commercial Representative for Chile
+1 (773) 658-3399
Trade Representative for Chile in Texas, US
+1 832 873 4226
Trade Representative for Chile in Philadelphia, US
+1 908 514 2601